Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by MqUser <pm...@sonic.net> on 2007/02/08 16:09:16 UTC

Setting up a fast and lossless clients

I need to set up many fast and lossless clients (producers) on different
computers.

Each has to be able to create message quickly, not lose them, and move on to
the next operation.

That would mean each has to have an embedded broker with persistent
messages.

On the consumer side, should one consumer consumer from all the clients or
one must create a cluster on multiple ports for all clients to send to?

Also, would it be better to have topice or queues.

Re: Setting up a fast and lossless clients

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 2/8/07, MqUser <pm...@sonic.net> wrote:

> I need to set up many fast and lossless clients (producers) on different
> computers.
>
> Each has to be able to create message quickly, not lose them, and move on to
> the next operation.
>
> That would mean each has to have an embedded broker with persistent
> messages.

Why? You could just use remote broker and async sending?

> On the consumer side, should one consumer consumer from all the clients or
> one must create a cluster on multiple ports for all clients to send to?
>
> Also, would it be better to have topice or queues.

If you only want each message processed once, use a queue.
http://activemq.apache.org/how-does-a-queue-compare-to-a-topic.html

This will allow you to load balance messages across your available consumers

--

James
-------