Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Paul Copeland <te...@jotobjects.com> on 2006/07/05 18:53:05 UTC

Where is javadoc download for JXPath?

The binary zip file for the JXPath 1.2 does not include the Javadoc
pages.  I know I can link to the jakarta site but I want to store it
locally too. What's the scoop?

Re: Is JXPath used and/or loved

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.
Hmmm....

It has been a while, but last time we checked it out it had
bugs-a-plenty when compared to something like Xalan for various XPath
expressions.

Performance of recent Xalan versions (including that behind Java 5's
built-in XPath implementation) sucks for many XPath use cases as they
assume you're going to work a long time on each document without
changing it, i.e. the XSLT use case.  We therefore have to stick with
Xalan 2.1.0 for such cases, but last I checked it still handled more
XPath expressions correctly than JXPath, Jaxen, etc.

I'd love to see someone actually produce a highly standards compliant
XPath library for Java that worked well against a "live" DOM, i.e.
returned original DOM nodes and allowed changes to the DOM between XPath
executions without penalty.

For all I know, Saxon may now provide this by implementing the new JAXP
XPath stuff.  For the longest time it was all but impossible to get
"live", DOM nodes back from it's XPath API, but I assume that has
changed.  That leaves questions about the penalty for changing the DOM,
of course.

Re: Re: Is JXPath used and/or loved

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
I have been using JXPath for a few months now and
while I'm not sure I could call it love, I like it
quite a bit.  I don't know of any other package out
there that lets me query an object graph...

$0.02
-Matt

Is JXPath used and/or loved

Posted by Paul Copeland <te...@jotobjects.com>.