Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Alvin Thompson <al...@thompsonlogic.com> on 2003/12/03 19:23:45 UTC

Standard prefix for mailing list subject lines

is there any way that mailing list subject lines can be prepended with a
common string, such as '[geronimo]'? i'm finding it difficult to
differentiate between the emails i get here and the tons of spam that
assaults my inbox...

thanks,
alvin

Re: Standard prefix for mailing list subject lines

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 01:23:45PM -0500, Alvin Thompson wrote:
> is there any way that mailing list subject lines can be prepended with a
> common string, such as '[geronimo]'? i'm finding it difficult to
> differentiate between the emails i get here and the tons of spam that
> assaults my inbox...

Actually, you should filter by the "List-Post:" header, which all ASF
mailing lists have. Here's what all the "List-*" headers looked like in
the message you sent:

list-help: <ma...@incubator.apache.org>
list-post: <ma...@incubator.apache.org>

Hope that helps,
-aaron

RE: Standard prefix for mailing list subject lines

Posted by alan <al...@thebulliondesk.com>.
I think we shoud put some flag in the body or on the subject to make it
possible for the member to filter out spam mails

Regards,
Alan