Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcel Stor <ma...@frightanic.com> on 2003/10/06 11:07:48 UTC

JNI and Tomcat reload issue

Hi all,

After this has gotten on my nerves I can't hold up any longer...

My web app depends on a third party component that uses JNI. My
development env is Tomcat 4.1.18 with JRE 1.4.0_02 on XP.

The app runs without a flaw as long as I don't publish new servlets or
JSP and reload Tomcat. After reload I can't access the app anymore and
the third party component reports in stderr.log that it's DLL had
already been loaded by a different classloader:
(Compiled Code [0]) : Native Library C:\WINDOWS\system32\WFjniClient.dll
already loaded in another classloader
If Tomcat is stopped/restarted the error does NOT occur.
The component vendor has no clue as to what might cause this strange
behaviour nor do I.

Hope anyone can help me with this.
Marcel