Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Alexander Weinmann <Al...@abaxx.de> on 2001/05/02 15:22:18 UTC

Maybe bug in "Lazy DOM"-Feature + MutationEvents

Hello Xerces Developers,

I think I found a bug related to "Lazy DOM Expansion" and MutationEvents.
Suppose you have set the feature
http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/defer-node-expansion
to true and then add an EventListener to your DOM and listen to
MutationEvents.
It can happen that you receive a MutionEvent the first time you access an
attribute
value. I think that this is a bug, because the attribute has not changed, it
only has
been accessed the first time.

To prove this I have attached a small Programm that shows this effect. I do
not
know at the moment, if this also happens with element nodes ...

Regards,
Alexander

 <<EventTester.java>>

abaXX
TECHNOLOGY AG
Alexander Weinmann
Development Engineer Training

[Address] Forststrasse 7,
70174 Stuttgart,
Germany
[Phone] +49-(711)-61-41-6 - 1541
[Fax] +49-(711)-61-41-6 - 1111
[E-mail] <<m...@abaxx.de>>
[Internet] http://www.abaXX.com <http://www.abaxx.com/>

Re: Maybe bug in "Lazy DOM"-Feature + MutationEvents

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
Alexander,
which version of Xerces are you using? I just tried your test program
with the latest version from CVS and this problem doesn't show in this
case. I remember fixing something like that a while ago (several weeks,
months?)...
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Strategy Group