Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Anton Kedin <ke...@google.com> on 2019/07/19 17:15:35 UTC

How to run DynamoDBIOTest?

Hi dev@,

Does anyone know if there's anything extra needed to run `DynamoDBIOTest`?
If I do `./graldew :sdks:java:io:amazon-web-services:build --debug` it
passes few tests during `:test` but then seems to sit on `DynamoDBIOTest`
forever. No errors, last meaningful log is `INFO: Container
localstack/localstack:0.8.6 started`. Happens on different machines, both
on master and release-2.14.0 branches.

Any pointers?

Regards,
Anton

Re: How to run DynamoDBIOTest?

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-7794 to track this
issue, any extra info is welcomed in the meantime maybe a good idea to
disable the test.

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: How to run DynamoDBIOTest?

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: How to run DynamoDBIOTest?

Posted by Cam Mach <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anton,

It should not be a machine issue, since you have the container got started.
I would say give it around 5 - 10 minutes, it would throw out connection
time out error log. This usually happens when the integration tests can't
connect to the container. As you may notice, in the tests we don't hard
code the container IP and port, and we get it dynamically from the
TestContainer framework. Which mean, for some reason, the framework
couldn't allocate IP and port for the container. At this moment I don't
have a quick fix, but if it happens to several dev, we can file a Jira to
their dashboard, or get rid of it.

P.S. try this gradlew `./gradlew :sdks:java:io:amazon-web-services:test`

Thanks,

Posted by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org>.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: How to run DynamoDBIOTest?

Posted by Anton Kedin <ke...@google.com>.
One of the machines is macOS 10.14.5, docker desktop 2.0.0.3 (engine
18.09.2), java 1.8.0_211 (I believe Oracle version). Test log:
https://gist.github.com/akedin/da6fbc8a993f758302a6f64c42bba11b#file-gistfile1-txt
It
then spins forever with only gradle logs. Another machine I tried it on is
something debian-based, open jdk 8 212, docker 18.09.3, logs are similar
(don't have access to the details at the moment).

Regards,
Anton

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.