Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by SkipDever <sk...@thedevers.org> on 2011/03/31 02:10:34 UTC

Using a proxy server for UPS

I am trying to use a proxy server for UPS requests.  I tried starting ofbiz
with -Dhttp.proxyHost etc and got the an IOException trying to connect.  I
modified jsse.properties https.proxyHost, etc, and now get IOException,
unexpected end of file.  The url is in fact https://wwwcie.ups.com, so
https.proxyHost is indeed the right parameter.

I am able to use firefox with the same proxy settings to both
http://google.com and https://google.com.

Does anyone have any experience setting this up?

Thanks in advance

RE: Socket Exception Using a proxy server for UPS

Posted by SkipDever <sk...@thedevers.org>.
To try and pin this down, I added :
        } catch (IOException ioe) {
			ioe.printStackTrace();  //New code

To HttpClient.sendHttpRequestStream() around line 415.  The resulting
stacktrace looks like this:

java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
       at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:763)
       at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:626)
       at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.doTunneling(HttpURLConnecion.jav
a:1345)
       at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:756)
       at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:626)
       at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.doTunneling(HttpURLConnecion.jav
a:1345)
       at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connectAbstrac
tDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:164)
       at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConection
.java:874)
       at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getOutputStream(HttsURLCon
nectionImpl.java:230)
       at
org.ofbiz.base.util.HttpClient.sendHttpRequestStream(HttpClient.java:395)
       at
org.ofbiz.base.util.HttpClient.sendHttpRequest(HttpClient.java:280)
       at org.ofbiz.base.util.HttpClient.post(HttpClient.java:200)
       at
org.ofbiz.shipment.thirdparty.ups.UpsServices.sendUpsRequest(UpsServices.jav
a:1939)

If there is no proxy involved, this all works fine.

Anyone have any experience using ofbiz through a proxy like this?

Skip