Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mi...@fluor.com on 2011/12/01 19:38:14 UTC

Invalid copy source path

I am working in a windows server 2003 environment. I would much rather be
in a linux environment, but that is neither here nor there.

I have a very large repository that I am trying to seperate out into
individual repositories. Some are small, and others large.

I have tried a lot of different options, but so far, I am having lots of
trouble. Here is the error message I receive.

svndumpfilter: Invalid copy source path
'/MAXIMO/releases/release-next/scripts/pre-configdb/SR04592-configdb.sql'

I created a dump file, and then I tried to seperate out the programs from
dump file. Like so:

svndumpfilter.exe include MAXIMO --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs
--preserve-revprops < F:\repo_all.dmp > D:\repo_maximo.dmp

Problem I encountered is I keep getting the  Invalid copy source path
error. I get about 6, or 7 errors.

I tried a few like:

svndumpfilter.exe exclude --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs
/MAXIMO/BizTalk/Final_BizTalk_Maximo_Matman "/MAXIMO/BizTalk/Splittin_in_3
files"
/MAXIMO/releases/archive/release-20100628/scripts/pre-configdb/SR04592-configdb.sql
/MAXIMO/releases/release-next/scripts/pre-configdb/SR04592-configdb.sql
/MAXIMO/releases/release-next/scripts/revert/SR04592-revert-configdb.sql
/MAXIMO/Aspose/License/Aspose.Total.lic < F:\repo_all.dmp >
D:\repos\repo_exclude.dmp

It seemed to be working. But I get to
/MAXIMO/releases/archive/release-20100628/scripts/pre-configdb/SR04592-configdb.sql
and I get the same error message.

I found the file, and committed it into that directory.  It was not there
before, and gave me the same error. It doesn't give me any other infor
except for that. Is there anything I can do for this?

I would much rather delete that file, and just go on without it, but it
seems subversion will not let me do that!

=======================
Michael Orozco
WebSphere Administrator
www.fluor.com
(864)281-6941 office
michael.orozco@fluor.com
=======================

Re: Invalid copy source path

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 01:38:14PM -0500, Michael.Orozco@fluor.com wrote:
> I am working in a windows server 2003 environment. I would much rather be
> in a linux environment, but that is neither here nor there.
>
> I have a very large repository that I am trying to seperate out into
> individual repositories. Some are small, and others large.
>
> I have tried a lot of different options, but so far, I am having lots of
> trouble. Here is the error message I receive.
>
> svndumpfilter: Invalid copy source path
> '/MAXIMO/releases/release-next/scripts/pre-configdb/SR04592-configdb.sql'
>
> I created a dump file, and then I tried to seperate out the programs from
> dump file. Like so:
>
> svndumpfilter.exe include MAXIMO --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs
> --preserve-revprops < F:\repo_all.dmp > D:\repo_maximo.dmp
>
> Problem I encountered is I keep getting the  Invalid copy source path
> error. I get about 6, or 7 errors.
>
> I tried a few like:
>
> svndumpfilter.exe exclude --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs
> /MAXIMO/BizTalk/Final_BizTalk_Maximo_Matman "/MAXIMO/BizTalk/Splittin_in_3
> files"
> /MAXIMO/releases/archive/release-20100628/scripts/pre-configdb/SR04592-configdb.sql
> /MAXIMO/releases/release-next/scripts/pre-configdb/SR04592-configdb.sql
> /MAXIMO/releases/release-next/scripts/revert/SR04592-revert-configdb.sql
> /MAXIMO/Aspose/License/Aspose.Total.lic < F:\repo_all.dmp >
> D:\repos\repo_exclude.dmp
>
> It seemed to be working. But I get to
> /MAXIMO/releases/archive/release-20100628/scripts/pre-configdb/SR04592-configdb.sql
> and I get the same error message.
>
> I found the file, and committed it into that directory.  It was not there
> before, and gave me the same error. It doesn't give me any other infor
> except for that. Is there anything I can do for this?
>
> I would much rather delete that file, and just go on without it, but it
> seems subversion will not let me do that!

You have to include copy sources of files you want to keep.
The reason is that it is often impossible to reconstruct the file
content without access to the copy sources. Deltified content stored in
the revision where the file was copied can refer to content of the file
in the older revision at its pre-copy location.

There is a script that can provide a list of all files you need:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/tools/server-side/svnpredumpfilter.py