Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Dang Quoc Bao (FHO.FSB)" <Ba...@fsoft.com.vn> on 2015/10/13 06:13:41 UTC

Report in Jmeter

Dear All!
In Jmeter, I know two glossarys that: requests/s and transactions/s.
Now, I'm creating a report(chart) in Jmeter. And I'm facing an issue that: "May I merge 2 lines(request/s and transaction/s) into the chart of report Or May I divide 2 lines (request/s and transaction/s) into 2 reports(Chart)"?
I hope someone will help me, please.
Thank  you very much.
Dang Quoc Bao

Re: Report in Jmeter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
it's somewhat difficult(understandably) to understand your question. Im
assuming you are referring to something like
a. Request - Single request (e.g. access a home page for e.g.)
b. Transaction - e.g. checkout , which is composed of multiple requests
(e.g. enter credit card, delivery address, place order)
And you want to arbitrarily draw graphs where a transaction can cover
different requests.

Most of the JMeter out of box graphs do NOT allow you to do this - The
listeners need you to decide in advance how you group your results so what
you want isn't directly possible

However JMeter can also be configured to store the raw result data ( -l
command line or each listener - write results to file) which can then be
parsed and loaded in whichever system you want (like a Database) - which
will then allow you to query arbitrarily or graph arbitrarily. (Another way
is to manipulate the sample names in the .jtl file so that if you load the
results in JMeter listeners it groups the results as you want)

regards
deepaj