Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by pe...@webcom.com on 1999/01/08 20:40:20 UTC

Re: sendfile API

>From the latest netman pages that ANK is maintaining:

TCP_CORK If enabled don't send out  partial  frames.  When
       the  option is cleared again all queued partial frames are
       send. This  is  useful  to  prepend  some  headers  before

Linux Man Page              3 Oct 1998                          3

TCP(4)              Linux Programmer's Manual              TCP(4)

       calling  sendfile(2)  or for throughput optimization. This
       option cannot be combined with TCP_NODELAY

So, you can see that full framing is available in linux 2.1/2.2 with
setsockopt.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington   Director of System Architecture  zelur xuniL  ()
http://www.webcom.com  perry.harrington@webcom.com  Think Blue.  /\