Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Andre van Hoorn <An...@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> on 2007/02/28 12:47:05 UTC

Short tutorial: build and run JMeter in Eclipse 3.2.1

Hi,

based on the wiki entry
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/BuildingPlugInWithEclipse, I was
trying to build and run JMeter inside Eclipse 3.2.1 (with setting up a
JMeter plugin project).

Below, I will list a (in partrs) more detailed procedure than described
in the wiki entry and on
http://people.apache.org/~mkostrze/jmeter-eclipse/jmeter-eclipse.html.
Maybe this is helpful for others in the future (most likely not for
those subscribed to this developer list, but for those searching such
information by a web search).

1.) Creation of project 'jakarta-jmeter-2.2':

- - decompressed jakarta-jmeter-2.2.tgz and jakarta-jmeter-2.2_src.tgz
  into same directory
- - copied lib/commons-logging-1.1.jar to lib/commons-logging.jar
- - executed 'ant clean' in order to have a clean setup
- - started eclipse and created new Java project 'jakarta-jmeter-2.2'
  using the source folder mentioned above
  - changed nothing in tabs 'Source', 'Projects'
  - added all jars from lib/ in tab 'Libraries'
  - selected all in tab "Order and Export"
- - Eclipse built workspace with 4 errors. Removed src/htmlparser16
  from workspace. Now build inside bin/ successful.

2.) Creation of example plugin project 'jmeter_plugin'

- - created new Java project 'jmeter plugin' with src/ and bin/ folders
- - Added jakarta-jmeter-2.2 in 'Projects' tab
- - created src/jmeter.properties and pasted content from wiki setting
   search_paths=[ABSOLUTE-PATH-TO-jakarta-jmeter-2.2]/bin;.
- - created src/log4j.conf and pasted content from wiki
- - copied lib/ from jakarta-jmeter-2.2 project to jmeter_plugin project

3.) Launching JMeter
- - Opened Java Browsing perspective and selected
  jakarta-jmeter-2.2->src/core->org.apache.jmeter->NewDriver
- - Right click on class NewDriver, Run As->Run..
- - Created new Java Appliation in 'Run' window, setting working directory
  to ${workspace_loc:jmeter_plugin/bin}
- - Run application

Best regards,

André

Re: Short tutorial: build and run JMeter in Eclipse 3.2.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Why not update the Wiki?