Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Moore <ja...@e-travelbase.com> on 2002/02/14 13:21:00 UTC

PLEASE HELP

please help, this is really bugging me.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Moore [mailto:james.moore@e-travelbase.com]
Sent: 14 February 2002 09:46
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: virtual hosting behind a firewall

Hello has anyone got virtual hosting of several jsp sites on an
apache/tomcat 3.2.x server behind a firewall working and visible from the
Internet working?

If so, what inbound tunnels/port forwarding do you need to setup?

I use Win2K Server's RRAS (routing and remote access) NAT features to give
the apache/tomcat server access to the Internet (along with the rest of the
LAN).

I can only seem to get the first virtual server working properly. The others
seem to have problems displaying images or display content from the first
virtual server.

Best Regards

James Moore
IT Consultant
e-Travelbase Limited
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Granary
Pury Hill Business Park
Alderton Road, Nr. Towcester
Northamptonshire NN12 7TB
Tel: +44 (0)1327 810640
Fax: +44 (0)1327 811075
Email: james.moore@e-travelbase.com

Re: PLEASE HELP

Posted by Keith Simpson <k....@verizon.net>.
I don't do it with tomcat, but I do with JRUN - that is, forward through
a firewall.  The only thing going through is http - unless you do
https.  Port 80 is the only one that I port forward (on a linux firewall
box).