Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jonathan14 <jo...@cmpmedica.com> on 2009/01/19 11:38:46 UTC

how to avoid build error if remote repository is nto available?

Hello

Occassionally our remote - "central" - repository is unavailable, and when
this occurs a local build fails because my local Maven cannot get the remote
artifacts - whether they be plugins or my project components

ie.
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin' could not be retrieved from
repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file

Ive had a look at the onlnie documentation and a coupld of guides but cant
figure out how to configure my project POM so that Maven can still build if
it can find all the artifacts it needs in the local repository. I know the
maven-war-plugin exists locally since I can see it in the file system.

Further to this, can anyone tell me how in instruct Maven not to check
remote repositories if it can find the artifact in the local one?

Do I just make my local repository my default one?

Thanks
Jon

Re: AW: how to avoid build error if remote repository is nto available?

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Maybe give us some precisions about which plugin you think is here that
maven don't find.
Show us your help:effective-settings output. Maybe you're not looking at the
right local repository, couln't it be?

Cheers

2009/1/19 jonathan14 <jo...@cmpmedica.com>

> Strub
>

> Thanks for that, Im still learning Maven commands etc..
> Maven does report that its only using local artifacts when I run with
> switch
> but annoyingly I keep getting build errors because it cant seem to find
> plgunis etc that are actually there!! something wrong with my config. I
> know.
>

> Jon
>

> struberg wrote:
> >
> > mvn -o
> > don't work?
> >
> > LieGrue,
> > strub

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: AW: how to avoid build error if remote repository is nto available?

Posted by jonathan14 <jo...@cmpmedica.com>.
Strub

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
mvn -o