Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2006/11/07 02:26:23 UTC

Re: Struts 2 formal release availability

The Struts 2.0.1 distributed was upgraded to "BETA" recently, if that
qualifies as "formal". The web site is finally updated, and the usualy
announcement will follow tomorrow afternoon.

Right now, the major stumblingblock is a stable release of our major
dependency, XWork 2. There is a lot of crossover between XWork and
Struts, but they are separate projects. Until X2 receives a stable
grade, Struts 2 will be stuck at beta.

If I had a binding vote on X2, personally I would vote it stable,
since the few issues people mention are all non-functional. The bits
we use in our applications are fine, apparently, what's left are just
packaging issues.

-Ted.