Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/09/23 20:14:42 UTC

Shall we keep dependencies alongside a tag?

On 9/23/06, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I also wonder if we should be zipping up the maven repo used for a released
> build and stashing it in the svn tag for the release.  e.g start with empty
> m repo, build g, remove all g artifacts from the repo, and zip it up.
> Checking that g then builds offline is probably a good idea too.

Dave has asked about it and I thought it's a good idea to have it,
i.e. keep the dependencies alongside a tag. We could add a file://
dependency repo to our top-level pom.xml now. It would be empty while
in trunk whereas it would be filled up once a tag is released and each
and every dependency would go to our repo, to a tag. WDYT?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl