Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Brice Ruth <bd...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/09 14:06:25 UTC

RMI Exception, socket write error (take 3)

Good afternoon -

I've been digging through the archives, but I have run out of options. I am
testing a new way of running the jmeter-server (namely by programatically
starting the rmi registry & then creating a new RemoteJMeterEngineImpl).
Startup seems fine, and jmeter GUI seems able to connect - it can
successfully call reset() and setHost(). Unfortunately, when it tries to
send the test plan, it fails with

2006/08/08 15:08:00 ERROR - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine:
java.rmi.MarshalException: error marshalling arguments; nested exception is:

 java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write
error
 at org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl_Stub.configure(Unknown
Source)
 at org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.run(ClientJMeterEngine.java
:125)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort:
socket write error
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
 at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
 at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
 at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(BufferedOutputStream.java:109)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.drain(
ObjectOutputStream.java:1682)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.setBlockDataMode(
ObjectOutputStream.java:1591)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeNonProxyDesc(ObjectOutputStream.java
:1173)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeClassDesc(ObjectOutputStream.java:1127)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java
:1284)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1079)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeFatalException(ObjectOutputStream.java
:1398)
 at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:305)
 at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.marshalValue(UnicastRef.java:258)
 ... 3 more

I've looked through the archives and Googled around - I've set my
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.readTimeout to 30s (at least, I think I have: -
Dsun.rmi.transport.tcp.readTimeout=30), and I have moved my .jmx plan to a
folder without spaces (C:\TEMP). Neither seem to have any effect, the same
exception is thrown, at the same spot.

Currently, the "remote" server is running locally, so I connect to
127.0.0.1- ports are all defaults (1099 for RMI).

Any ideas? I am a bit out of my element w/ RMI - I was mostly just hoping it
would work w/o too much fuss!

Cheers,
Brice Ruth

--
Software Engineer, Madison WI

Re: RMI Exception, socket write error (take 3)

Posted by Brice Ruth <bd...@gmail.com>.
Here's what I have (in a nutshell) - this doesn't work, and I'm not entirely
sure why this is any different than launching RMIREGISTRY externally -

public class JMeterMain {

    private static final Log LOG = LogFactory.getLog(JMeterMain.class);
    private static Registry registry;
    private static final int DEFAULT_RMI_PORT = 2222;

    /**
     * @param args
     * @throws InterruptedException
     */
    public static void main(String[] args) throws InterruptedException {
        try {
            if (registry == null) {
                registry = LocateRegistry.createRegistry(DEFAULT_RMI_PORT);
            }
            new RemoteJMeterEngineImpl(DEFAULT_RMI_PORT);
            while (true) {
                Thread.sleep(Long.MAX_VALUE);
            }
        } catch (RemoteException e) {
            JMeterMain.LOG.fatal("RMI Exception occurred, ", e);
        }
    }

}

Here's the exception that's logged to the jmeter client LOG:

2006/08/14 10:20:56 INFO  - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: about to run
remote test
2006/08/14 10:20:56 INFO  - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: done
initiating run command
2006/08/14 10:20:56 INFO  - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: running
clientengine run method
2006/08/14 10:20:56 INFO  - jmeter.engine.ConvertListeners: num threads = 1
2006/08/14 10:20:56 INFO  - jmeter.engine.ConvertListeners: num threads = 1
2006/08/14 10:20:56 INFO  - jmeter.samplers.StandardSampleSender: Using
Standard Remote Sampler for this test run
2006/08/14 10:20:56 INFO  - jmeter.samplers.StandardSampleSender: Using
Standard Remote Sampler for this test run
2006/08/14 10:20:56 INFO  - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine: sent host =
127.0.0.1:2222
2006/08/14 10:20:56 ERROR - jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine:
[...]

    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$BlockDataOutputStream.writeByte(
ObjectOutputStream.java:1720)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeFatalException(
ObjectOutputStream.java:1397)

Posted by Brice Ruth <bd...@gmail.com>.
In theory :)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.