Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2001/06/15 10:23:54 UTC

Re: help with package struts-classpath / invalid package

Hi, Dan i don't really understand your point if it's related to my bad spelling
( Hi -to-   declarations ).That's called fatigue!!.
 My problem was based on the fact that after compiling the original .java class
things still worked accordingly, until somehow i have altered something  .I
under the impression that created classes had this structure below correct me if
not.

/WEB-INF/classes/bbnpa/org/breconbeacons/it/ (Myclass .java ).
Thus the package org.breconbeacons.it;
On compiling there should be .class file

 Hence the dot-separated naming convention. Renamed struts-bbnpa to bbnpa ( base
application ) in case the package didn't like the hyphen.

Nevertheless any suggestions  Cheers Chuck (worn out strutter ).

--
The views expressed by the sender of this message don't
necessarily represent those of Brecon Beacons National Park

Re: help with package .java struts-classpath / invalid package/parsing errors

Posted by Dan Miser <dm...@wi.rr.com>.
Are you putting struts.jar on your classpath in order to compile (i.e.
java -classpath /path/to/struts.jar *.java? Are you compiling from the right
directory? Are you copying Struts files around locally somewhere (like
ActionForward and ActionMapping)? If so, don't do that. Leave those files in
struts.jar and just reference them via an import.

Start by getting a succesful recompile of struts-example. That way, everyone
can relate to your problem. This seems like a simple case of compiling a
Java app.

BTW, you have more typos below. You should really double-check your posts
before sending, as we have no way of knowing what's a typo in your message
vs. what could really be a problem.
--
Dan Miser
http://www.distribucon.com

[...]