Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> on 2004/02/27 12:19:04 UTC

[Avalon][PMC:VOTE/Release] Check 'em out!

AVALON PMC MEMBERS
==================

The jars are in:

    http://cvs.apache.org/~leosutic/release/

Check 'em out and vote for release:

  +1 from me.

I'd like to have this vote done by the end of today, since
that means I can release them without having to worry about
the license change.

COCOON DEVELOPERS
=================

The jars are in:

    http://cvs.apache.org/~leosutic/release/

Check 'em out and let me know if there are any
immediate issues.

/LS

Re: [Avalon][PMC:VOTE/Release] Check 'em out!

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Leo:

Many thanks! Cocoon need it! :-)

+1 for release!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Leo Sutic dijo:

Re: [Avalon][PMC] Release!

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Great! :-DD

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Leo Sutic dijo:

RE: [Avalon][PMC] Release!

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Woohoo!!!!

Thanks Leo for this great effort!

Carsten

RE: [Avalon][PMC] Release!

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Woohoo!!!!

[Avalon][PMC] Release!

[Avalon][PMC] Release!

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 00:32, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> By the way, if someone wants to take a look at the javadoc for
> Avalon/Fortress/Excalibur and related friends, here are all 45
> megabytes:
>
> http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/avalon/
>
> And I'm starting to get scared as this is bigger than J2EE :-)

LOL  :)

Yeah.  We gotta work on that.

Thanks, Pier.

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>

Instrument-manager and Altrmi (Was: Re: [Avalon][PMC:VOTE/Release] Check 'em out!)

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@tanukisoftware.com>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> On a "related" item... Can the excalibur-instrument-manager-1.0.jar
> split up in two? It contains references to the AltRMI project, which
> is in incubation, without any release, and so on and so forth...

Late responding to this.  But the instrument-manager's dependency on
altrmi is
completely optional for that very reason.   Altrmi should be available
to build a
complete jar.  But it is in no way required at runtime.  Logkit and
several other
jars do a similar thing.

Cheers,
Leif

Re: [Avalon][PMC:VOTE/Release] Check 'em out!

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Couple of nitpicks:

excalibur-logger-1.1-src.(tar.gz|zip)
     doesn't actually contain the sources...

avalon-fortress-tools-1.1.jar
     still contains some test-cases
     (org/apache/avalon/fortress/testcase/FortressTestCase.class)

avalon/fortress/container/impl/extensions/package.html
avalon/fortress/container/impl/factory/package.html
     JavaDoc complains and generates 2 errors
     "Body tag missing from HTML"

On a "related" item... Can the excalibur-instrument-manager-1.0.jar
split up in two? It contains references to the AltRMI project, which is
in incubation, without any release, and so on and so forth...

I'm trying to do a "clean build" from all released sources, and for the
"Avalon/Fortress/Excalibur" core that's the only thing I require but
that doesn't have a release...

I know it's stupid, and that it's not even used, but that's the only
thing that somehow sneaks in and makes us depend on "something" which
doesn't have a release (if you wanted to build world from sources)

By the way, if someone wants to take a look at the javadoc for
Avalon/Fortress/Excalibur and related friends, here are all 45
megabytes:

http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/avalon/

And I'm starting to get scared as this is bigger than J2EE :-)

	Pier

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 27 February 2004 19:19, Leo Sutic wrote:
> Check 'em out and vote for release:

+0

Re: [Avalon][PMC:VOTE/Release] Check 'em out!

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Couple of nitpicks:

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Ok, this is fixed now.

The changes *should* only affect the src dist as only comments
have been changed (hopefully).

Carsten

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.