Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <jh...@apache.org> on 2006/02/25 21:08:07 UTC

qdox generama dependency ?

I noticed that the root pom has a dependency on qdox with groupid generama

<dependency>
  <groupId>generama</groupId>
  <artifactId>qdox</artifactId>
  <version>20051211.114207</version>
</dependency>

This dependency makes the build fail as it's not available anywere. On
ibiblio there is qdox/qdox and generama/generama, but no generama/qdox.

Does anyone know what this is ?

Also: are there any showstoppers still for a new release? It would be
good to get these new poms out on ibiblio.

Regards
Jorg

Re: qdox generama dependency ?

Posted by Sasvata Chatterjee <sa...@gmail.com>.
Jorg,

> This dependency makes the build fail as it's not available anywere. On
> ibiblio there is qdox/qdox and generama/generama, but no generama/qdox.

I am the culprit on this one, I added this version of the dependency
to allow Qdox compatibility with Java 5.0 syntax.   Needed to add a
repository entry for dist.codehaus.org.  I havce updated the pom.xml
for Fortress meta.  I just verified with a completely clean local m2
repo, so the build will work fine now.

> Also: are there any showstoppers still for a new release? It would be
> good to get these new poms out on ibiblio.

Well, the test still fails on multiproject builds, even with forking
used on the surefire plugin. Don't think that is a show-stopper
though, the test itself runs fine when run individually.

The bigger issue is that the release process needs to be developed and
worked through for Maven2 (i.e. the equivalent for what is buildsystem
for m1).  In other words, all the fun stuff like making src/bin dists,
GPG signing, sym links, SCM tagging, etc. etc.  There are Maven2
plugins for a lot of that, but they quite don't work as we need them
to, is what I have gathered listening on the m2 list.  There should be
an ASF-wide practice on how to do this, and somebody I think stared a
list, but the Maven2 section is TBD.

Shash