Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Athanasios Tsitsipas <at...@uni-ulm.de> on 2015/06/09 10:23:57 UTC

Can't access application in topology instance via LB

Hi again,

I managed to start a Stratos Load Balancer without errors. But when another
application is in the cluster cannot be accessed through load balancer. Even
if I specify the host name of the app and the IP of LB to my client hosts
file nothing works. I get the following error:

TID: [0] [LB] [2015-06-08 22:51:13,156]  WARN
{org.apache.stratos.messaging.message.processor.topology.MemberStartedMessag
eProcessor} -  Member does not exist: [service] php [cluster]
php-lb.php-test.php.domain [member]
php-lb.php-test.php.domain49fe383c-500a-43ec-9556-69432665448d

When I start the load balancer with puppet of course the log file is
attached to the mail. Just to see if there are any erroneous behaviours.

Also in the loadbalancer.conf file the  # Topology service filter and   #
Topology cluster filter there is no information for them. Only for   #
Topology member filter. I have also attached the loabalancer.conf of the
machine.

What should I do it doesn't work apparently :/

Best regards,

Thanos

RE: Can't access application in topology instance via LB

Posted by Athanasios Tsitsipas <at...@uni-ulm.de>.
Hi again,

As I said with the stratos load balancer I was getting the error that the member doesn’t exist under the cluster id with a value the cluster  id of the load balancer!!!! And not maybe the cluster instance id of the application. :/

Now, with the nginx extension I start 2 different applications with nginx cartridge in both of them. When eventually everything has started the two nginx instances have information for both applications!!!!! It is supposed to behave like that? Or only hear to the topology that the application has and the nginx is included. And not hear to other applications!!!!

I’m looking forward for your answers.

Regards,

Thanos

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.