Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark <li...@greplinux.dyndns.org> on 2003/12/11 01:51:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Directory index forbidden by rule: /var/www/html/

I am attempting to setup Apache 2.0.47 and Squirrelmail on Mandrake 9.1.

I can access Squirrelmail fine by http://mailserver.

However when I attempt to access it by https://mailserver I get the
following following entries in the ssl_error_log:

[Wed Dec 10 16:41:00 2003] [error] [client 192.168.0.200] Directory
index forbidden by rule: /var/www/html/

This of course leads to the "You don't have permission to access / on
this server." message in the browser

The test phpinfo.php shows that SSL is installed and Apache will send a
test SSL certificate.

Any help will be much appreciated

Mark

Re: [users@httpd] Directory index forbidden by rule: /var/www/html/

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Mark wrote:
> However when I attempt to access it by https://mailserver I get the
> following following entries in the ssl_error_log:
>
> [Wed Dec 10 16:41:00 2003] [error] [client 192.168.0.200] Directory
> index forbidden by rule: /var/www/html/
>
> This of course leads to the "You don't have permission to access / on
> this server." message in the browser

What is the name of the file you want to be served on that request? Is it
included in a DirectoryIndex directive applying to the SSL VHost (and/or its
document root)?

Regards,
Robert Andersson