Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Janek Bogucki <ya...@purpleturtle.com> on 2001/09/24 15:45:52 UTC

Re: Solution to mod_webapp.so:undefined symbol: pthread_sigmaskon Red Hat Linux 7.1

Thanks Pier. I followed the instructions in webapp/README.txt and built and loaded mod_webapp.so into Apache 1.3 without the 'pthread_sigmask' error.

My mistake was following the instructions in this file which are out of date:

   jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/docs/apache-1.3.html

> "Janek Bogucki" <ya...@purpleturtle.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I may have solved (or at least worked around) the the missing
> > 'pthread_sigmask' symbol error encountered when trying to use
> > mod_webapp.so. From the mailing list it appears to affect this
> > configuration:
> >
> >  1. Red Hat Linux 7.1
> >
> >  2. Apache 1.3.x
> >
> >  3. httpd.conf will have these lines in it:
> >
> >        LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so
> >        AddModule mod_webapp.c
> >
> > The symptom is this:
> >
> >   [root@bogucki bin]# ./apachectl start
> >   Syntax error on line 241 of /opt/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> >   Cannot load /opt/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into server:
> >         /opt/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so: undefined symbol:
> >         pthread_sigmask
> >   ./apachectl start: httpd could not be started
> >   [root@bogucki bin]#
> >
> AFAIK, this has been fixed a looong time ago, if you download the latest
> webapp module sources (the one coming with Tomcat 4.0 final) it should
> be
> more than fine (I tried it myself on RH71)

      - This email has been sent using TurtleMail -
Get your free email address from www.purpleturtle.com now!