Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Rick Ross <ri...@stupendousman.com> on 2002/09/02 00:35:00 UTC

Workflow

Good Morning all,

I have just subscribed to this list, and I realize this is the developers
list.

I am interested to know what thinking is going on with Slide and workflow.
I've built a couple of workflow engines in my time, and while I am no
expert, that never stops me from having strong opinions on the subject.

In my spare time, I am working on a project that intends to use slide as a
persistence mechanism.  One of the indentitied tasks in the project is
workflow.

I see that it is low priority for you, but it is a bit higher priority for
me and I have some time, so I would like to see if I could help.

Rick Ross
rick@stupendousman.com
ICQ : 40796968

                  "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel"

                                  - Samuel Johnson

Re: Workflow

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Rick Ross wrote:
> I now see that the Jakarta Sandbox (was: Scratchpad) has a workflow
> component.  Is anyone already familiar with that component?  The freshest
> code there is 7 months old and I suspect it could be called 'in progress'

IIUC it's not what we intend by workflow.
It's more about cross-invocation actions...

http://www.javalobby.com/thread.jsp?forum=17&thread=3926
http://pharos.inria.fr/Java/query.jsp?cids=c_2157&hist=mids%3Dc_107%26types%3DPublication
<
> I'm happy to attempt to compile the the requirements.   Should/Can I post
> some requirements web pages to the Sandbox?

Sure.

Re: Workflow

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@skynet.be>.
Can we have by mail (post on this list) your principal requirements ?
Do you plan to make a generic workflow component or a more CMS oriented workflow
component ?

Re: Workflow

Re: Workflow

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Christophe Lombart wrote:
> Sorry for my ignorance but what is  Scratchpad ?

Oops, sandbox ;-)
On some projects it's called scratchpad, in Jakarta Commons it's sandbox.

> what about the status of  'common Workflow'  ? Is it still active ?

No.
What it envisions is done though in Cocoon 2.1 HEAD using javascript
with continuations.

> I found on the common web site a link to the werkflow project. Is it an interesting
> workflow project ?

IIUC it just started.

Re: Workflow

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@skynet.be>.

Re: Workflow

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Re: Workflow

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@skynet.be>.
Good !

A name ? why not "Nebanum" ?
stay tune on krysalis-sandbox-dev ! Rick, let me know how we will start this
nice stuff.

Re: Workflow

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I added "krysalis-sandbox-dev" mailing list to our mailing lists:
> http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=36516
>
> It will be created in the following hours.

Created.

have fun :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Workflow