Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/05/19 23:45:15 UTC

OpenJPA graduation news

Congratulations to everyone involved in the OpenJPA project.

OpenJPA is now an official Apache Top Level Project. The board
approved the resolution that we voted on last week.

There is a lot of administrivia to be done, and all this will be done
over the course of the next several weeks.

Among the items that need to be done are creating a new DNS domain
(openjpa.apache.org), transferring the svn repository, transferring
the email lists, migrating the web site, updating the wiki and jira,
closing out the incubation status, and making sure all the committers
can access the various resources. Lots to do, and just a few people
to do them. Please be patient, as Apache is still a do-it-yourself
organization in many respects.

Craig

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: OpenJPA graduation news

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Patrick,

On May 19, 2007, at 3:28 PM, plinskey@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for making this happen, Craig.

Thanks, but this really reflects the readiness of the entire OpenJPA
team to work together as an Apache project.

> Is there anything that I can do to help?

There are things that only infrastructure can do and I've asked them
to do those things. And a very tiny number of things that only I can
do as PMC chair. And of course there are some things that lots of
people can do, like remove the incubation disclaimers from the
various places they exist on the project.

So thanks for the offer and as I discover what all needs to be done
I'll let you all know things that can be done by volunteers on the
project.

I think the biggest thing to do now is to decide on our first release
out of incubation. I'll start another thread on this subject.

Craig

> -Patrick
>
> On 5/19/07, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
>> Congratulations to everyone involved in the OpenJPA project.
>>
>> OpenJPA is now an official Apache Top Level Project. The board
>> approved the resolution that we voted on last week.
>>
>> There is a lot of administrivia to be done, and all this will be done
>> over the course of the next several weeks.
>>
>> Among the items that need to be done are creating a new DNS domain
>> (openjpa.apache.org), transferring the svn repository, transferring
>> the email lists, migrating the web site, updating the wiki and jira,
>> closing out the incubation status, and making sure all the committers
>> can access the various resources. Lots to do, and just a few people
>> to do them. Please be patient, as Apache is still a do-it-yourself
>> organization in many respects.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC
>> clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo
>>

> --
> Patrick Linskey
> 202 669 5907

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: OpenJPA graduation news

Posted by pl...@gmail.com.
Thanks for making this happen, Craig. Is there anything that I can do to help?

-Patrick

On 5/19/07, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
> Congratulations to everyone involved in the OpenJPA project.
>
> OpenJPA is now an official Apache Top Level Project. The board
> approved the resolution that we voted on last week.
>
> There is a lot of administrivia to be done, and all this will be done
> over the course of the next several weeks.
>
> Among the items that need to be done are creating a new DNS domain
> (openjpa.apache.org), transferring the svn repository, transferring
> the email lists, migrating the web site, updating the wiki and jira,
> closing out the incubation status, and making sure all the committers
> can access the various resources. Lots to do, and just a few people
> to do them. Please be patient, as Apache is still a do-it-yourself
> organization in many respects.
>
> Craig
>
> Craig Russell
> DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC

Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: OpenJPA graduation news

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Martijn,

On May 20, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> Congratulations indeed.
>
> Please make notes as you move OpenJPA to its new home. I feel a
> guides/postgraduation.xml coming up :)

Good idea.

Craig

Re: OpenJPA graduation news

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations indeed.

Please make notes as you move OpenJPA to its new home. I feel a
guides/postgraduation.xml coming up :)

Martijn

On 5/19/07, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
> Congratulations to everyone involved in the OpenJPA project.
>
> OpenJPA is now an official Apache Top Level Project. The board
> approved the resolution that we voted on last week.
>
> There is a lot of administrivia to be done, and all this will be done
> over the course of the next several weeks.
>
> Among the items that need to be done are creating a new DNS domain
> (openjpa.apache.org), transferring the svn repository, transferring
> the email lists, migrating the web site, updating the wiki and jira,
> closing out the incubation status, and making sure all the committers
> can access the various resources. Lots to do, and just a few people
> to do them. Please be patient, as Apache is still a do-it-yourself
> organization in many respects.
>
> Craig
>
> Craig Russell
> DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC

Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org

Re: OpenJPA graduation news

Posted by pl...@gmail.com.
Thanks for making this happen, Craig. Is there anything that I can do to help?

-Patrick

On 5/19/07, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
> Congratulations to everyone involved in the OpenJPA project.
>
> OpenJPA is now an official Apache Top Level Project. The board
> approved the resolution that we voted on last week.
>
> There is a lot of administrivia to be done, and all this will be done
> over the course of the next several weeks.
>
> Among the items that need to be done are creating a new DNS domain
> (openjpa.apache.org), transferring the svn repository, transferring
> the email lists, migrating the web site, updating the wiki and jira,
> closing out the incubation status, and making sure all the committers
> can access the various resources. Lots to do, and just a few people
> to do them. Please be patient, as Apache is still a do-it-yourself
> organization in many respects.
>
> Craig
>
> Craig Russell
> DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC

Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: OpenJPA graduation news

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 5/19/07, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
> Congratulations to everyone involved in the OpenJPA project.
>
> OpenJPA is now an official Apache Top Level Project. The board
> approved the resolution that we voted on last week.

Congrats! Well deserved.

(At last, the name of the project won't be separated with a dash in
the mailing list names)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

RE: Implied deletes

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@bea.com>.
This semantics of implied deletion of elements from the database as they
are removed from their collection in Java memory is supported by
@ElementDependent annotation (not pure JPA but OpenJPA)
http://incubator.apache.org/openjpa/docs/latest/manual/manual.html#depen
dent

Pinaki Poddar