Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Pierre Chastagner <sc...@hotmail.com> on 2008/07/02 11:18:48 UTC

[VFS] Adding 7-zip support

Hi,

In the VFS project, I was wondering whether the 7-zip support will be
integrated... It would be really nice as this format is getting more and
more popular over zip files and even rar files.

Thank you.

Pierre
Discover the new Windows Vista

Re: [VFS] Adding 7-zip support

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

if you are interested in writing 7-zip support, you may implement this in
the compress-lib, which is currently beeing redesigned:
http://projects.grobmeier.de/compress-redesign.git/
or: http://projects.grobmeier.de/compress-redesign-draft1.zip

The zip support from VFS is only temporary there - later VFS shall depend on
commons-compress.
If you want to help, just setup your own GIT repos and go ahead :-)
Best,
Chris