Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andreas Jung <aj...@sz-sb.de> on 1998/03/03 08:04:21 UTC

mod_alias/1907: ScriptAlias and Non-IP VirtualHost

>Number:         1907
>Category:       mod_alias
>Synopsis:       ScriptAlias and Non-IP VirtualHost
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3b5
>Environment:
gcc 2.7.2.2

SunOS saarland 5.5.1 Generic_103640-05 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20
I am just playing around with a Non-IP based Apache Server 1.2.5 and
discovered the following
strange behaviour:

I had a ScriptAlias /cgu-bin/ outside the <virtualhost> statements.
Scrips could be run with
http://<domainname>/cgi-bin/script.cgi for all configured
<virtualhost>s. Then I tried to put different
/cgi-bin Aliases into each <virtualhost> enviroment The global
ScriptAlias has been removed.
>From now on Apache tried to start the script from
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/cgi-bin/ as the error_log show:

[Wed Feb 25 15:11:18 1998] access to
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/cgi-bin/test.cgi failed for saarland,
reason: File does not exist

Here is are the lines of the <virtualhost> section:

<VirtualHost epsilon.sz-sb.de>

ServerName      epsilon.sz-sb.de
DocumentRoot    /WWW/domains/epsilon/html

CustomLog       /WWW/domains/epsilon/logs/access_log "%h %l %u %t \"%r\"
%>s %b \
"%{referer}i\" \"%{user-agent}i\" %v "
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/           /WWW/domains/epsilon/cgi-bin/

</VirtualHost>

Why does not Apache recognize ScriptAlias inside this section ????

Thanks
Andreas

This has been reported to comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix but without any
backfeed yet