Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marc Salvetti <sa...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/10 09:52:51 UTC

2.1.8 and mail block

Hello,

i recently updated to 2.1.8 rc1, and i have some problems running the mail
block.
The first thing is that if i don't have mail.jar and activation.jar or if i
have old versions of this jars or if i have recent versions doesn't change
anything to my problem.
If i try to send mail from my app, if i'm under jetty, i get a success
response from the sendmail action and no errors in the log, but the message
isn't sent, on the other hand, if i'm under tomcat, i get correct log
messages and it works.
If i try to compile a default cocoon distro, and run it normally with jetty,
i always get the same exception in the logs [1] "method not yet implemented"
The first fact i find strange, is that if i "forget" to put mail.jar and
activation.jar in the lib/local folder of jetty, i don't get any
classNotFound exception when running the mail samples.
The second thing is that even after downloading recent jars from
java.sun.com <http://java.sun.com>, i get the same error, which looks like
if i didn't updated the jars !
So it looks like the system somehow find the classes somewhere, and ignore
the jars in the lib folder, but i can't understand how, since i don't find
any other instance of theses classes anywhere in the cocoon tree.

Does anyone had similar problems or have any idea where to start tracking
down the problem ?

Marc

[1]
ERROR (2005-11-10) 15:40.27:142 [sitemap.action.sendmail]
(/samples/blocks/mail/sendmail/new.html) PoolThread-4/Sendmail: An exception
was thrown while sending email.
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Method not yet implemented
at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.setFileName(MimeBodyPart.java:156)
at org.apache.cocoon.mail.MailMessageSender.doSend(MailMessageSender.java
:440)
at org.apache.cocoon.mail.MailMessageSender.send(MailMessageSender.java:271)
at org.apache.cocoon.acting.Sendmail.act(Sendmail.java:247)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(
ActTypeNode.java:119)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes
(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(
ActTypeNode.java:138)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes
(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke
(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes
(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:46)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke
(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes
(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(
PipelineNode.java:142)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes
(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:68)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(
PipelinesNode.java:92)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(
ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:234)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(
ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:176)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(
TreeProcessor.java:248)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(
MountNode.java:117)
[...]
at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1154)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:358)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(
WebApplicationHandler.java:294)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1807)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(
WebApplicationContext.java:525)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1757)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:789)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:960)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:806)
at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:218)
at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:300)
at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:511)

Re: 2.1.8 and mail block

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Upayavira wrote:

>Check in your WEB-INF/lib to see anything beginning
>with geronimo-spec. If there, delete them.
>
>They are (as far as I understand it) jar files that allow us to compile
>Cocoon, but do not provide the full functionality that is required and
>could account for "method not yet implemented".

How we can avoid copying the files to the WEB-INF lib? To get rid of
this problem, before releasing 2.1.8?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: 2.1.8 and mail block

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

>* Marc Salvetti:
>

>>However, if i  just delete all geronimo-*  from web-inf/lib, the
>>default cocoon fails  to launch, probably because  of some other
>>block.
>>

>Please just delete  geronimo-spec-javamail-*.jar.  We also noticed
>this problem, it has been very  tricky to find this out.  I'm just
>filing a bug report at Cocoon in  the hope that this issue will be
>adressed.

+1

IMHO, it is a release blocker! :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: 2.1.8 and mail block

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@anyware-tech.com>.
* Marc Salvetti:

> However, if i  just delete all geronimo-*  from web-inf/lib, the
> default cocoon fails  to launch, probably because  of some other
> block.

Please just delete  geronimo-spec-javamail-*.jar.  We also noticed
this problem, it has been very  tricky to find this out.  I'm just
filing a bug report at Cocoon in  the hope that this issue will be
adressed.

Cheers,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Systèmes d'Information

Re: 2.1.8 and mail block

Posted by Marc Salvetti <sa...@gmail.com>.

> Here's a wild guess. Check in your WEB-INF/lib to see anything beginning
> with geronimo-spec. If there, delete them.
>
> They are (as far as I understand it) jar files that allow us to compile
> Cocoon, but do not provide the full functionality that is required and
> could account for "method not yet implemented".
>
> Let me know whether I am right or not :-)
>
> Regards, Upayavira

Bingo !
wild but clever guess ;)

However, if i just delete all geronimo-* from web-inf/lib, the default
cocoon fails to launch, probably because of some other block.
I noticed that if i build cocoon with the jars in the local/lib folder, i
get this message at the end of the build

C:/CocoonSVN/tools/src/check-jars.xsl:154:24: Warning!
[WARN] Using local library local/mail.jar : ensure it
doesn't conflict with any other library.

In my app, where only the blocks i used are selected, only 2 geronimo-*
files are created (4 in default cocoon install) and deleting theses 2 files
from my webapp/web-inf/lib directory did solve the problem and doesn't
prevent cocoon to lauch correctly.

Thanks a lot,

Marc

Re: 2.1.8 and mail block