Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by 刘祥龙 <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2009/09/03 10:53:01 UTC

questions about hbase tables operations

Hi, I want to make sure which tools can be used to query HBase tables, like HBase shell. Is pig integrated with Hbase, so it can  support some query and other operations like create\write\append to HBase tables.
I found PIG6(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-6) tried to solve similar problems, but I don't know when this new feature and more similar features will be released in new version of pig.

Also I want to be clear that how powerful of HBase shell. It seems that there are not many operations, so if lots of data expected to store into HBase, does it can work effectively. I am surveying on this problems. Does anyone can help me? Thanks a lot!

Best Wishes!

Liu Xianglong

Re: questions about hbase tables operations

Posted by Liu Xianglong <sa...@hotmail.com>.
Hi, Jean-Daniel Cryans. Thanks for you reply. You mean live web sites use
three APIs. So I wander that how a search engine like Google works to
correspond to the query. Do engineers implement a Map-Reduce program based
these APIs to search in HBase and return the results to the user?

Thanks

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
The native Java API, but if you are, let's say, building a site in
ruby, then you need to use the other ones (unless you fancy jruby).

J-D

Posted by 刘祥龙 <sa...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.