Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Robert DiBlasi <r_...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/14 21:51:24 UTC

SVGClipPathElementBridge -should this class implement ErrorConstants

Hello,

I am starting to look into the Bridge package....To learn how it is
structured and hopefully create a small tutorial

Qustion:
It looks like org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGClipPathElementBridge
should implement: org.apache.batik.bridge.ErrorConstants

It looks like it was just left off....I am correct?....should I put a bug
report in?.... I know this is small but it help keep the code in a heathy
state :-)

P.S. I was wondering about the javadoc comments in class files.....some of
them ...are....well not very helpful....I am wondering if anyone would mind
if I start working on suggetion ?

We all learn by sharing what we know
Robert A. DiBlasi
Http://www.svgnotebook.com

>From: "Randall  Clark" <cl...@bjc.org>
>To: <ba...@xml.apache.org>
>Subject: Re: Special Fonts not supported?
>Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:33:05 -0500
>
>Oh! It's a "Java thing"  We are running on several platforms: MS, Unix, TSE
>Servers.  I will take a look at the Java fonts settings.  The font is
>loaded on my system, so I thought Java picked those up automagically if it
>cannot find them anywhere else...
>
>As far as the svg fonts, is there a place where those are referenced?
>
>Thanks!

>RC> Can anyone tell me whether fonts such as ZapfDingbats, Dingbats,
>RC> and Symbols are/are not supported in Batik?  If they are is there
>RC> something special I need to know for displaying them in the batik
>RC> browser?
>
>     We get all 'platform fonts' through the JDK.  So if you can use
>them in other Java Applications you should be able to use them in
>Batik.  What platform are you running on?
>
>     On Unix you can muck with 'jre/lib/font.properties' but to be
>honest I don't fully understand how platform fonts work in Java.
>
>     Of course if you really want to make sure you have the font (and
>it's the same on all clients) you probably want to use an SVG font.

Robert A. DiBlasi

Re: SVGClipPathElementBridge -should this class implement ErrorConstants

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Robert,

Robert DiBlasi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am starting to look into the Bridge package....To learn how it is
> structured and hopefully create a small tutorial
>
> Qustion:
> It looks like org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGClipPathElementBridge
> should implement: org.apache.batik.bridge.ErrorConstants
>
> It looks like it was just left off....I am correct?....should I put a bug
> report in?.... I know this is small but it help keep the code in a heathy
> state :-)

In the Bridge and in other places, we are using XXXConstants interfaces
has helpers for classes which  need to use a common set
of constants. This is not providing functionality as such, but it
helps sharing the constants and simplifying the code. When
the constants are not used (e.g., SVGClipPathElementBridge does not
use any ERR_XXX constant) by a class, there is no real point in having
it implement the XXXConstants interface. It would not hurt much to have
it though, but it is not necessary and it is not adding functionality.

> P.S. I was wondering about the javadoc comments in class files.....some of
> them ...are....well not very helpful....I am wondering if anyone would mind
> if I start working on suggetion ?

Please do if you feel they are not right. It would be great if you
could group your comments and enter them into Bugzilla as one bug.

Cheers,
Vincent.