Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kuni <ku...@muschkoten-berlin.de> on 2006/07/21 22:40:07 UTC

multi column/row header with t:dataTable

Hello,

i'm try to create a table using t:dataTable with a multi column/row
table header. is it possible to create a 'complex' header with colspan'
look a like to group the content?  i'm going crazy .. no try really
works. i need something like that:

|         group haeder             |         group haeder2                 |
|header1 | header2| header3 |header21 | header22 header23 |
|content1| content2|content3 |content21| content22|content23 |

any ideas?
...does anybody knows why this feature is not supported by JSF???

thanks for help!!
Kuni

Re: multi column/row header with t:dataTable

Posted by nimisha sharma <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kuni,

What i meant was that whereever you have

<t:datatable ...>
   <h:column>
       <f:facet name="header"></f:facet>
   </h:column>
</t:datatable>

in <t: datatable> , you will have an attribute columnClasses, you can just
set that to columnClasses="col1, col2"
 and in ur stylesheet, you can have
 .col1{
width=x%
}

I have done the same where i needed to give my own table layout.
I just hope it helps you..

Regards,
Nimisha.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.