Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gohome190 <go...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/13 14:32:26 UTC

Updating an entry in Solr

Hi,
I've been researching how to update a specific field of an entry in Solr,
and it seems like the only way to do this is a delete then an add.  Is there
a better way to do this?  If I want to change one field, do I have to store
the whole entry locally, delete it from the solr index, and then add it with
the new field? That seems like a big missing feature if so!

Thanks
Zach

Re: Updating an entry in Solr

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
You should read here: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Atomic_Updates

2013/11/13 <pr...@policija.si>

> Yes, that's correct. You can also update document "per field" but all
> fields need to be stored=true, because Solr (version >= 4.0) first gets
> your document from the index, creates new document with modified field,
> and adds it again to the index...
>
> Primoz
>

> From:   gohome190 <go...@gmail.com>
> To:     solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Date:   13.11.2013 14:39
> Subject:        Re: Updating an entry in Solr
>

> Okay, so I've found in the solr tutorial that if you do a POST command and
> post a new entry with the same uniquekey (in my case, id_) as an entry
> already in the index, solr will automatically replace it for you.  That
> seems to be what I need, right?

Re: Updating an entry in Solr

Posted by pr...@policija.si.

Re: Updating an entry in Solr