Posted to users@maven.apache.org by JavaGeek <no...@boscarine.com> on 2009/07/01 20:37:50 UTC

Is there a way to run a program (a trigger) before packaging a program?

Hello All,
I wrote a maven plugin.  I want to run a program that writes a file in the
plugin's source code before the plugin is packaged.

How can I do that?

Thanks,
Steven

Re: Is there a way to run a program (a trigger) before packaging a program?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM, JavaGeek<no...@boscarine.com> wrote:

> I wrote a maven plugin.  I want to run a program that writes a file in the
> plugin's source code before the plugin is packaged.

... before the *project* is packaged, I assume?

> How can I do that?

Make your plugin execute in a phase that precedes the 'package' phase.
 The 'generate-sources' phase sounds like it would be appropriate.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

If you did mean before packaging the plugin, then recurse. :)  Write a
plugin that runs this program, (or just use the exec plugin) and
execute it in a phase that precedes...

--
Wendy