Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <jw...@apache.org> on 2005/05/13 12:39:05 UTC

[trunk] document creation API (was Re: [trunk] Lenya lightweight-repository, protocols and java.io.File)

Gregor J. Rothfuss schrieb:
> (...)
> the publisher and creator classes are probably the two remaining warts
> in lenya trunk. the creator uses inheritance when it really should use
> composition, and other problems.

I tried to summarize the current state of the document creation API (
including yesterday's changes) in a Wiki page, see

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/DocumentCreationAPI

(OK, some of that info should not be in a class diagram, but in a
sequence diagram or something, but it will have to do for now)

I started to list the things we want to change that have been discussed
in the mailing list.

@all please add any additional requirements / ideas (in the Wiki or in
this thread)

@Gregor regarding your comment about the creator classes above, can you