Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/23 22:56:42 UTC

Splitter EIP query

Hi

I am using a splitter EIP in my route.

I am leveraging the parallelprocessing property of the splitter EIP in my
route. My route gets triggered from a quartz endpoint, e.g.

*from("quartz).to("bean:myBean).split().parallelProcessing()....etc*

Is there any way I can get the quartz thread to wait until all the threads
after the split have completed their tasks?

Thanks
Joe

Re: Splitter EIP query

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM, gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Yes I was planning on configuring quartz to be stateful.
>
> However, even if I configure it to be stateful I am assuming once I hit the
> splitter(assume message contains a list of objects) with parallelprocessing
> enabled the quartz thread will complete before the threadpool behind the
> splitter has completed all the tasks.

No the splitter will wait for all the spltis to complete before it ends.

> I am wondering if I can get the quartz thread to wait until all the threads
> in the splitter have completed their tasks
>
> Thanks

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Splitter EIP query

Re: Splitter EIP query

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM, gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using a splitter EIP in my route.
>
> I am leveraging the parallelprocessing property of the splitter EIP in my
> route. My route gets triggered from a quartz endpoint, e.g.
>
> *from("quartz).to("bean:myBean).split().parallelProcessing()....etc*
>
> Is there any way I can get the quartz thread to wait until all the threads
> after the split have completed their tasks?

I think you need to configure quartz to be stateful.

> Thanks
> Joe

Claus Ibsen