Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2018/02/02 00:25:11 UTC

Ignite 3rd party support and employment page

Igniters,

After clicking through various Apache sites and wikis, I discovered that some projects such as Hadoop [2] and Cassandra [3] maintain the pages of 3rd parties that employ Apache experts and/or provide professional support.

Eventually, I dared to assemble a similar page for Ignite [1]. Why? This is how those who gained Ignite expertise can find their next dream job, brag about Ignite there and keep coming to the community contribute to the code base.

I would listen for your opinion on this and then send the page off to the user list calling for companies who need Ignite experts or provide technical support.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Third+Party+Support+and+Employment
[2] https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Distributions%20and%20Commercial%20Support
[3] https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ThirdPartySupport

—
Denis

Re: Ignite 3rd party support and employment page

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Denis, I think a link to this page should be added directly on the
homepage. How about a short sentence right under the Benefits section?

D.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Makes sense, updated the page.

Do we want to add a reference to the page to Ignite main page? If yes then where, any suggestions? For instance, Cassandra has a special “professionally supported” section for this purpose:
 http://cassandra.apache.org <http://cassandra.apache.org/>

—
Denis

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.