Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Deyan Stoykov <ds...@ecs.ru.acad.bg> on 2003/11/10 18:23:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Starnge CGI problem with Apache2

     Hi everyone!

     I'm running Apache httpd under Windows 2000 Server SP4. We also have a
CGI application written in Visual FoxPro 5 that uses the VFPCGI library
(http://vfpcgi.narod.ru/). It works fine under 1.3.27, but when I upgraded to 2.0.47 the
script started returning strange errors at random. I can't get much help on this issue
from the developer because officially he doesn't test or support the app under anything
other than IIS (which I'd like to avoid putting on our servers). I had a look at the CGI
process when called by each of the 2 Apache versions with Process explorer from
www.sysinternals.com, but there were no differences - they were running under the
same credentials  (NT Authority/System) and had the same environment variables.
     The  server has the following modules loaded: mod_access, mod_alias,
mod_autoindex, mod_cgi, mod_dir, mod_log_config, mod_mime, mod_negotiation,
mod_setenvif.
     Of course, at least in theory, a pure cgi application should behave identically when
called by different web servers. So my question is: are there any differences in the way
apache and apache2 call cgi scripts that might be relevant in my case and what should I
do to solve this issue.
     In the bottom of the message I've put exrepts from the 2 conf files, that contain the
stuff that I think is relevant.
    Thank you in advance.
    Deyan

-------------
Apache 1.3.27
-------------

ServerType standalone
ServerRoot "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache"
ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_runtime_status
PidFile logs/httpd.pid
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15

MaxRequestsPerChild 0
ThreadsPerChild 50

<Directory "D:\....">
    Options +ExecCGI
    AddHandler cgi-script exe
</Directory>

-------------
Apache 2.0.47
-------------

ServerRoot "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_runtime_status
PidFile logs/httpd.pid
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100