Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alpha Bagus Sunggono <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/14 12:01:20 UTC

[Newbie] How to make Multi Node Cluster from Single Node Cluster

Dear All.

I've been configuring 3 server using Hadoop 1.0.x  , Single Node,
how to assembly them into 1 Multi Node Cluster?

Because when I search for documentation, i've just got configuration for
Hadoop 0.20.x

Would you mind to assist me?

Re: [Newbie] How to make Multi Node Cluster from Single Node Cluster

Posted by Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com>.
You can follow the documents for 0.20.x . It is almost  same for 1.0.x as well.

Regards
Bejoy KS

--
Alpha Bagus Sunggono, CBSP
(Certified Brownies Solution Provider)

Re: [Newbie] How to make Multi Node Cluster from Single Node Cluster

Posted by Alpha Bagus Sunggono <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hello ramon
as newbie as I am

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
Just follow this:
http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-multi-node-cluster/

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

RE: [Newbie] How to make Multi Node Cluster from Single Node Cluster

Posted by ra...@accenture.com.

Re: [Newbie] How to make Multi Node Cluster from Single Node Cluster

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

The 1.x documentation is located at
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/. For multi-node cluster,
you can look at
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/cluster_setup.html or
visit Shashwat's link to Michael Noll's article.

1.x is a rename of the evolving 0.20 stable series of Apache Hadoop.
Some more on that here:
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2012/01/an-update-on-apache-hadoop-1-0/
if you wanna read some history.

--