Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Andrei <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/26 13:41:34 UTC

Is it possible to check if there are events in a channel?

Are there any tools to monitor state of a Flume channel and, specifically,
determine the moment when there are no more events?

To give you some context: I have a batch of events that I want to pass
through Flume and eventually get to HDFS via corresponding sink. When all
events of the batch are dumped, I want to perform post-processing routine
on the entire batch. My assumption is that if channel is empty for a while,
all events of the batch are dumped and I can start the routing. But how can
I determine if channel is empty?

Re: Is it possible to check if there are events in a channel?

Posted by Andrei <fa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, it looks interesting. I'll play around with it a bit and see if I
can get information I need.

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@aicer.org>.
Andrei,

Posted by Andrei <fa...@gmail.com>.