Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "J. L." <dj...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/04/28 16:05:08 UTC

Compound messages and

Hi,

I use the <bean:message> tag with compound messages.
I'd like to be able to format the parameter I use in
the compound message.

I use the following message :
res01.nbr=The first parameter is {0,number,integer}

I first used JSTL :
<fmt:bundle basename="testStruts.resources01" >
	<fmt:message key="res01.nbr">
		<fmt:param value="${12345678}" />
	</fmt:message>
</fmt:bundle>

And it worked well, my number was correctly formated :
The first parameter is 12,345,678

I try to do the same with the Struts <bean:message>
tag ant it does not work at all. I try several
combinations for arg0 attribute but never succeed to
make it work.
I always get an error : Cannot format given Object as
a Number.

Is there a way to make it work ? What is the correct
syntax ?

Thanks in advance for your help.