Posted to user@roller.apache.org by jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca> on 2007/02/01 17:39:11 UTC

Re: issues loading custom Planet groups

I *am* now seeing some errors in my logs, though this started after I
was already seeing problems with the planet feeds, so I'm unsure how/if
they're related to my original problem:

INFO  2007-02-01 11:13:38,743 HibernatePlanetManagerImpl:refreshEntries
-    0 - 0.0040 seconds to process (0) entries of
http://weblogs.ijvt.ryerson.ca/roller//workitout/feed/entries/rss
INFO  2007-02-01 11:13:38,768 DiskFeedInfoCache:getFeedInfo - Cache
MISS!INFO  2007-02-01 11:13:39,042
HibernatePlanetManagerImpl:refreshEntries -    0 - 0.28 seconds to
process (0) entries of
http://weblogs.ijvt.ryerson.ca/roller/stackofjava/feed/entries/rss
ERROR 2007-02-01 11:13:39,432 HibernatePlanetManagerImpl:getNewEntries -
ERROR processing subscription entry
java.lang.NullPointerException        at
org.apache.roller.pojos.PlanetEntryData.initFromRomeEntry(PlanetEntryData.java:115)
        at
org.apache.roller.pojos.PlanetEntryData.<init>(PlanetEntryData.java:81)
        at
org.apache.roller.business.hibernate.HibernatePlanetManagerImpl.getNewEntries(HibernatePlanetManagerImpl.java:549)
        at
org.apache.roller.business.hibernate.HibernateRollerPlanetManagerImpl.getNewEntries(HibernateRollerPlanetManagerImpl.java:80)
        at
org.apache.roller.business.hibernate.HibernatePlanetManagerImpl.refreshEntries(HibernatePlanetManagerImpl.java:458)
        at
org.apache.roller.ui.core.tasks.RefreshEntriesTask.run(RefreshEntriesTask.java:65)
        at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown
Source)        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
INFO  2007-02-01 11:13:39,492 HibernatePlanetManagerImpl:refreshEntries
-    10 - 0.447 seconds to process (10) entries of
http://www.thestar.com/rss/82848?searchMode=Query&categories=300
INFO  2007-02-01 11:13:39,493 HibernatePlanetManagerImpl:refreshEntries
- --- DONE --- Refreshed entries in 3.002 seconds

www.thestar.com/rss... isn't in any of my planet groups anymore, but
planet is still syncing it.  It seems it hasn't been cleared out from
the rag_subscription table?

I'm still seeing odd results when setting up a custom planet group.  I
name the group and point it at some rss feeds (either roller feeds
internally, or other external feeds).  When I point my reader at
<site>/roller/planetrss?group=<grouphandle> I'm often getting a
different group than <grouphandle> returned.

jonathan.

Posted by jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca>.
> It seems more likely that the feed problem is a bug in the way that
> the Roller caching system handles the planet feeds. If possible you
> might want to try the Roller 3.1 RC3 release and see if it has the
> same problems. We did make some change to the Planet subsystem in 3.1.
>
> If you can't wait for 3.1, you might be able to work around the
> caching bug by using a page template to serve up your planet feeds
> instead of using the /planetrss servlet. I can telll you how to do
> that if you are interested.
>
> - Dave

Thanks Dave,

I'm going to give the template method a try until there's a release
version of 3.1.

Re: issues loading custom Planet groups

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca>.
I've fixed the below error by manually removing the references to
thestar.com from the roller database.

Is it possible that my irregular/broken feed responses are a result of
my database being out-of-sync somehow?  Would it be
do-able/safe/advisable to delete all of my configured custom feeds,
delete all entries from the rag_* tables and recreate them from using
"Syncronize Roller Weblogs"?

stumped,
jonathan.