Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Allen Wang <aw...@netflix.com.INVALID> on 2016/01/12 23:00:59 UTC

Does quota requires 0.9.X clients?

>From looking at the design document, it seems quota is implemented purely
at server side. So it should work with 0.8.X clients. But I would like to
get confirmation.

Thanks,
Allen

Re: Does quota requires 0.9.X clients?

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.
I'm pretty sure it should work - you may want to give it a try locally
though. We did add a throttle-time field in the responses but that will
only be included in responses for requests from 0.9.x clients. 0.8.x
requests will just get throttled at the broker and will get an 0.8.x format
response without the throttle-time information.