Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com> on 2019/10/17 14:58:31 UTC

[qpid-dispatch-router] updates to tsan and valgrind ctest configuration

Folks,

Just a quick note that I'm updating the way we configure the thread
sanitizer and valgrind options in CMake.

As part of DISPATCH-1450
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-1450> I'll be refactoring
the router's CMake configuration to move towards the way qpid-proton has
implemented support for TSAN and Valgrind.

Currently our CMake supports the following build flags for enabling
valgrind:
-DUSE_VALGRIND [-DVALGRIND_XML]

and for the ThreadSanitizer:
-DUSE_TSAN

I'm deprecating these flags in favor of a new flag "RUNTIME_CHECK" (just
like proton).

To enable valgrind memory checker:
-DRUNTIME_CHECK=memcheck

The VALGRIND_XML flag will be ignored.  Going forward all Valgrind reports
will be in XML format suitable for use with the grinder tool (in the top
level 'bin' directory).

To enable the thread sanitizer:
-DRUNTIME_CHECK=tsan

This will prevent attempts to use both simultaneously, which is not
supported.  And like proton we can easily add support for other Valgrind
tools (-DRUNTIME_CHECK=helgrind...)

cheers,

--
-K