Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 04:16:01 UTC

FIP-6: Job specific Docker images status?

I was wondering what is the status of support for job specific Docker
images, meaning images that combine the job jars with the job manager, do
not require job submission, and automatically execute the job when there
are enough task managers registered with the job manager to satisfy the
job's parallelism.

I could not tell as the FLINK-4319 FIP-6 umbrella issue does not seem to
have an entry for it.

Re: FIP-6: Job specific Docker images status?

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Elias,

we are currently still working on the Flip-6 building blocks. Once they are
in place, it should be quite easy to complete the container support [1].
This will be our top priority since we see more and more interest in
running Flink in a containerized environment.

The unanswered question so far is how we will add the JobGraph to the
cluster. The current idea is to either add it to the image which you start
or to make it available via an external service from which the JM can pull
the JobGraph.

Cheers,
Till