Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/31 16:42:32 UTC

Linking 2 MarReduce jobs together?

Is it possible to put the output from the reduce phase of job 1
to be the input to job number 2, or is the best way to write it
to a HBase table  or to the HDFS and the fetch it in the second job?

Erik

Re: Linking 2 MarReduce jobs together?

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@gmail.com>.
Erik,

Well your data has to be somewhere between the two jobs... So I'd say yes,
put it in HBase or HDFS to reuse it (or maybe I didn't understand your
question).

Regards,

J-D