Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/02 22:35:51 UTC

Geronimo JavaMail OAuth2 authentication

Hi, list,

Jonathan Gallimore and I have been working on the OAuth2 authentication
implementation [1] that was added since JavaMail 1.5.2 [2] for the geronimo
JavaMail provider module [3].
We created a new JIRA [4] and we expect to send a first PR in the upcoming
weeks.

[1]
https://developers.google.com/gmail/imap/xoauth2-protocol

[2]
https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/mail/OAuth2

[3]
https://github.com/apache/geronimo-javamail

[4]
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: Geronimo JavaMail OAuth2 authentication

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cesar,

a few notes:

0. (just a side note) a diff with 1.5 helps more to see what changed (a tip
at the end)
0bis. both projects are not on git @asf - still svn so when applied, patch
will sadly be converted and committed by a committer (just to avoid any
surprises)
1. spec looks ok to me (and has no reference to oauth2 right?)
2. on the impl, think XOAUTH2 constant in MailConnection is not used (but
not critical) and impl looks good and with tests, kudo guys!

If anyone can have a quick review (my tip being to "git fetch origin
pull/<pr id>/head:<pr branch name>" locally then just do a local diff -
like with meld - with 1.5 spec/provider, makes the review wayyyy faster)
then we can integrate that I think.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi,