Posted to dev@paimon.apache.org by zhuangchong <zh...@163.com> on 2023/03/23 09:09:15 UTC

[Suggestion] Linking a pull request to an issue

Hi:

You can link a pull request or branch to an issue to show that a fix is in progress and to automatically close the issue when the pull request or branch is merged.

I suggest that community developers can do it in this way.

Link:https://docs.github.com/en/issues/tracking-your-work-with-issues/linking-a-pull-request-to-an-issue#linking-a-pull-request-to-an-issue-using-a-keyword

Use a keyword:

close
closes
closed
fix
fixes
fixed
resolve
resolves
resolved

—

Best Wish
— Kerwin (zhuangchong)

Re: [Suggestion] Linking a pull request to an issue

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kerwin,

Yes, we should do this.

I think we need a documentation page to describe How To Contribute like
Apache Flink [1]. We just need a general introduction, starting with
simplicity.

[1] https://flink.apache.org/how-to-contribute/overview/

Best,
Jingsong