Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@hotmail.com> on 2010/07/15 06:17:11 UTC

Contribute

Hi all,I would like to begin contributing to hadoop specifically 1) in writing some of the test projects and working on one or more of the research projects on the Project Suggestions wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ProjectSuggestions).  I was wondering how accurate the current set of tasks are, meaning have any of these tests or research projects already been started, in general is the Project Suggestions wiki completely up to date.   Also in the research projects area I am interested in working on either the modelling of block placement task or the Integration of Virtualization task.  I welcome suggestions from folks on this list on other ways to contribute as well.
RegardsSK

RE: Contribute

Posted by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Folks,As I have not heard back from anyone on this topic, I will start this effort by taking the task on the Project Suggestions page to write junit test cases for the hadoop examples.  Please let me know if anyone is working on this or has already done this to avoid duplication and I will pick a different task.
RegardsSaikat