Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/26 23:49:53 UTC

problems installing

I'm having problems installing flex (the SDK 4.9.1) on my Windows 7 laptop.
I downloaded the Apache Flex SDK installer and ran it with administrative
privileges. It hangs at

Uncompressing: c:\Users\Mike\flex-skd\temp\AdobeAIRSDK.zip

I ran it twice and make sure I was using administrative privileges. It hung
each time for several hours before I killed it.

Dennis

Re: problems installing

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 27, 2013 9:43 AM, "Dennis Raddle" <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Progress! I cleared the Firefox cache in addition to the IE cache, and
> maybe did a couple other things too (lost track of it because I was
> multitasking on a few other jobs), and the Flex installation just
completed.

Good to know.  Glad it worked out :-)

Thanks,
Om

Re: problems installing

Posted by Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: problems installing

Re: problems installing

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
See:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/441090/downloading-files-using-adobe-air

Re: problems installing

Posted by Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: problems installing

Posted by Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: problems installing

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: problems installing

Posted by Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com>.

Re: problems installing

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

From: Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, July 26, 2013 3:35 PM
To: "users@flex.apache.org<ma...@flex.apache.org>" <us...@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: problems installing

Here's the install log and screenshot. The screenshot shows a spinner--it was still going, but nothing else changed for hours.

Version 2.5.4 (windows)
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from: http://apache.mirrors.lucidnetworks.net/flex/4.9.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.9.1-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the reference. The file is valid.
Uncompressing: C:\Users\Mike\flex-sdk\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.9.1-bin.zip
Finished uncompressing: C:\Users\Mike\flex-sdk\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.9.1-bin.zip
Downloading Adobe AIR Runtime Kit for Windows from: http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/3.4/AdobeAIRSDK.zip
Uncompressing: C:\Users\Mike\flex-sdk\temp\AdobeAIRSDK.zip

[cid:ii_1401d1d50f6fe07f]

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com>>wrote:

> I'm having problems installing flex (the SDK 4.9.1) on my Windows 7 laptop.
> I downloaded the Apache Flex SDK installer and ran it with administrative
> privileges. It hangs at
>
> Uncompressing: c:\Users\Mike\flex-skd\temp\AdobeAIRSDK.zip
>
> I ran it twice and make sure I was using administrative privileges. It hung
> each time for several hours before I killed it.
>
> Dennis

Is it possible to grab the log?  Or is it completely frozen?  Perhaps you
could open the log window and keep it open and observe it?  You could
perhaps take a screenshot after it has frozen.

Thanks,
Om

Re: problems installing

Posted by Dennis Raddle <de...@gmail.com>.
[...]