Posted to dev@climate.apache.org by Michael Anderson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/05 00:47:31 UTC

esgf modules give myproxy.client.MyProxyClientGetError: Certificate generation failure.

When running the esgf example or the main from the esgf directory, I'm
getting myproxy.client.MyProxyClientGetError: Certificate generation
failure.

Any thoughts on what this might be?

My ID and password are valid and I find the file I'm attempting to download
when I search directly for it on the web site.

Googling myproxy errors didn't turn up anything helpful.

Thank you,

Michael A. Anderson

Re: esgf modules give myproxy.client.MyProxyClientGetError: Certificate generation failure.

Posted by Michael Anderson <mi...@gmail.com>.
I was thinking maybe something like this to bootstrap the
certificates, but this too results in the same certificate generation
error.

myproxyclient logon -b -T -s esgf-node.jpl.nasa.gov -l <user_name> -o
~/.esg/credentials.pem -C ~/.esg/certificates

Posted by Michael Anderson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Thank you very much!  That got me past the certificate problem.  I'm
getting a 401 on the file download.  I know my Open ID and password are
good as I can log directly into https://esgf-node.jpl.nasa.gov without
issue.  I'm a member of CMIP5 Research.

Any additional thoughts appreciated.

Thank you,