Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by David Barron <db...@zencos.com> on 2014/01/29 16:07:09 UTC

Post authentication

I'm working on a web application and I would like to add some things to the
session after a user has been authenticated.  For example, if I want to
connect to a database and store the connection in the session so it can be
used later in the application.

I'd like to do this after authentication occurs but prior to displaying the
successUrl.

How would I go about this?  I'm assuming I would use a custom security
manager that would extend DefaultWebSecurityManager and do what I want to do
in the onSuccessfulLogin() method, but I'm not clear how to configure Shiro
to use a custom security manager.  Would I set that in the shiro.ini somehow
or in the web.xml?

Thanks.  I hope this actually gets displayed, I have had problems with that
in the past.